News/Photojournalism Forum

I don't know how many others out there either work in or are interested in the news side of photography. Personally that is where my love started when I was hired by a NBC affiliate (WTWO) to be a weekend photographer. I shot news and sports (I have many stories) and later went to work for CBS, I have since moved into the still world, but have continued my passion.

What I'm asking is for the addition of a news/photojournalism section on the forum, I know there is on other person on this forum that does news, I'm sure there are others.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Re: News/Photojournalism Forum

I'm still interested in the possibility of doing something on this site, is anyone else there with me?
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Quote Originally Posted by retroactiv
    [snip]
    What I'm asking is for the addition of a news/photojournalism section on the forum, I know there is on other person on this forum that does news, I'm sure there are others.
    I'm not sure about the news part, but a forum on photojournalism/documentary type photos sounds good. Personally I think some photos posted here belong to that category, and the good or bad of them should be determined on that basic.

Well wouldn't news just naturally fall into photojournalism? But I do like your play on my idea, I hope that others catch on also.
    Chris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by retroactiv
    Well wouldn't news just naturally fall into photojournalism?
    I was thinking you were talking about news related to photography.

There definitely needs to be a photojournalist/documentary forum. We have sports, nature, and even photo law. How isn't there photojournalism ?
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

Another vote for a Photo-J forum.

Count me in-often stuck in a bus while demo/august personage passes...
    -shot the vice pres. last week,at a cultural forum,but missed,so not in jail...
    -.just a lousy pic citation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

I am not ignoring you guys. The reason there isn't aphotojournalism forum yet is that I'm not convinced we have enough people to keep it busy. For those of you who really want it, I need you to rally the troops and show me it will be more than just ten posts. It will also need a moderator - and advocate who will take responsibility for making sure people get attention and bringing in new members. So if you really want it, show me we have what it takes to make it work. Then I'll be willing to give it a shot.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I sent you a PM about a month or two ago, with my pitch about this very issue. As this post shows there is a genuine interest in this very subject, I feel that if this is something that is put into effect you will see more people entering the forum not just for the Photojournalism forum they will want to visit but will see the expanse that is already here and become active.

As I have written above and along in the PM that I sent you Photo John, that I have a undying interest in this, along with experience. I don't think this will work I know it will, with myself and these others that have stated there interest there is no reason that this area should be left out of PR.
    Chris Johnson

Thread Information