Liz

Talking Hmmmmm.....silly question

I'm just curious as to why my name "Liz" is listed twice as being logged on here. It's at the beginning of the list.....and again in the middle? Probably by the time anyone reads this, I'll be gone, and it won't be there at all.
    Last edited by Liz; 04-19-2004 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typooo

I've noticed it happening to me as well Liz. I believe it occurs if you open computing review in more than one window. At least that's when I see my name up there twice. Sometimes I'm in Video Game Review and open another window to Computing when I see my name up there at the beginning and the end of the list of names.
    Lara

Liz

Cool Thanks Lara!

This is the first time I ever noticed it. After I posted the above question, I realized I had 2 windows open - but that was quite a while before I posted the question and the window had been closed for a few minutes - probably didn't catch up yet.

Thanks for the quick reply. Have a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    I've noticed it happening to me as well Liz. I believe it occurs if you open computing review in more than one window. At least that's when I see my name up there twice. Sometimes I'm in Video Game Review and open another window to Computing when I see my name up there at the beginning and the end of the list of names.

I thought I was the only silly one this was happening to as well. It happens to me like Lara as well, I am wondering if it has to do with the Database problem the other day when we as Moderators and Admins couldn't get into the forums.

I also visit the computing forums to help there as well, I wonder if that is associated with this doubling up. If I close the other window and refresh the screen the double up disappears.

Liz

Cool Hey Peter!

Just want to say - it's great having you around as a moderator! You have a lot of expertise in many areas, and great ideas.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    I thought I was the only silly one this was happening to as well. It happens to me like Lara as well, I am wondering if it has to do with the Database problem the other day when we as Moderators and Admins couldn't get into the forums.

I also visit the computing forums to help there as well, I wonder if that is associated with this doubling up. If I close the other window and refresh the screen the double up disappears.

Thanks Liz, You all know I feel the same way about the other Moderators as well. I just wish I could get my hands on your computer and sort it out for you finally and get you back on track. I understand fully the frustrations of a computer not working the way you want it to, and the frustrations of trying to get it too. You aren't the first person I have heard about that has continuing problems with AOL access and browsing problems and that is over the years as well. AOL is making a push again into the Australian Market, but I think there are just too many astute people around that know of the AOL problems around the world and are giving them a miss.

Pity you have so much stationary and cards made up with you email address which is really the only drawback to changing from AOL for you. One of the reasons I setup my own Web Hosting business (even though it does do much at present), but I can use my email address without problems of using the ISP's email address we all are given as part of the service. Might be a thought next time you are getting stationary and cards done, to change to an email address, doesn't cost much now to have a domain name $8.95 at www.godaddy.com and I can always setup an email with your domain name in it for you to use, which would solve your problems fully. I host a domain and emails for a church neighbourhood centre for free here in Australia as a favour to them and a friend. Wouldn't be a problem to do the same for you for email in the future if you want.

Liz

Just to clarify............regarding the pc

Thanks Peter - I have to think about it some more. Things are busy here!

Just to clarify - it's not the computer. It may be my account with aol. But it has nothing to do with the pc. The reason I know this is because I logged on to PR using all the following computers - each with different versions of aol. I had the same problem on each computer.

My office computer - one yr old Gateway AOL 9.0
    My secretary's computer - 2 yr. old Gateway - AOL 8.0
    Friend's computer - 3 yr old HP - AOL 7.0
    New Laptop - AOL 8.0

However, it's not all the time. This past week it has improved - it's slow, but not so slow that I can't work with it.

Thanks again for your offers, and I will seriously think about it. Actually I'm hoping to set up a website as soon as I find another secretary.

Liz

Thanks Liz, You all know I feel the same way about the other Moderators as well. I just wish I could get my hands on your computer and sort it out for you finally and get you back on track. I understand fully the frustrations of a computer not working the way you want it to, and the frustrations of trying to get it too. You aren't the first person I have heard about that has continuing problems with AOL access and browsing problems and that is over the years as well. AOL is making a push again into the Australian Market, but I think there are just too many astute people around that know of the AOL problems around the world and are giving them a miss.

Pity you have so much stationary and cards made up with you email address which is really the only drawback to changing from AOL for you. One of the reasons I setup my own Web Hosting business (even though it does do much at present), but I can use my email address without problems of using the ISP's email address we all are given as part of the service. Might be a thought next time you are getting stationary and cards done, to change to an email address, doesn't cost much now to have a domain name $8.95 at www.godaddy.com and I can always setup an email with your domain name in it for you to use, which would solve your problems fully. I host a domain and emails for a church neighbourhood centre for free here in Australia as a favour to them and a friend. Wouldn't be a problem to do the same for you for email in the future if you want.

You should be complaining to AOL Liz, that they aren't supply the service they advertise and looking for some sort of reimburesment of fees paid until it is sorted out. Do you have a communciations Ombudsman (that is what they call them here) that you can lodge a complaint with if they fob you off. We get these things sorted out by them fairly reasonably.

At present our biggest Telephone Company is playing games with Internet connection pricing, dropping the lowest ADSL connection to $29.95 for 256/64 200meg service which is below the wholesale cost to other companies that have to rent the ports off of the Telephone Company as they have a monopoly on that side of the phone network. There has been big rumblings over it and the Telephone Company has been taken to task over it here.

Think about what I said in regards to website/email setup.

Liz

Well...........

AOL has millions of customers - and we're not listed as a business - a/c is in my name. To them I'm just one person. I've been through their "customer service" many times - to no avail.

I'll think about the rest.......and thanks again.

Liz

You should be complaining to AOL Liz, that they aren't supply the service they advertise and looking for some sort of reimburesment of fees paid until it is sorted out. Do you have a communciations Ombudsman (that is what they call them here) that you can lodge a complaint with if they fob you off. We get these things sorted out by them fairly reasonably.

At present our biggest Telephone Company is playing games with Internet connection pricing, dropping the lowest ADSL connection to $29.95 for 256/64 200meg service which is below the wholesale cost to other companies that have to rent the ports off of the Telephone Company as they have a monopoly on that side of the phone network. There has been big rumblings over it and the Telephone Company has been taken to task over it here.

Think about what I said in regards to website/email setup.

Thread Information