Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Review Section Down?

Every time I try to use the "write a review" link I get an error message saying that the "redirection limit for this URL exceeded." I have a short review of Digital Light and Color's Picture Window imaging software but I can't get over there to post it!

Thanks!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Ok, now?

Michael-
    I just checked the review posting form for that software and it worked for me. I posted a test review. Are you still getting an error?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Ok, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Michael-
    I just checked the review posting form for that software and it worked for me. I posted a test review. Are you still getting an error?
    I got further today, it asked for my username and password, but then stopped with the same redirection error. I tried two other browsers (opera and mozilla) and got the same result. Very odd! I'll try it again later this evening.

I have been using the trial for The $90 "Pro" version of Picture Window rather than the $50 standard version you have listed. Is this a big deal for y'all to mix the two or should I wait for a new entry? This software doesn't get a lot of traffic so splitting them might not make a lot of sense.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Michael, when you go to the reviews section does it say you are logged on? If you are logged on in the forums, you should be logged on to the main pages as well.

John, haven't there been problems before with some who have registered earlier on? Something about synchronizing?
    I am not getting an error message when I access the "write a review" for the product Michael wants to review.

Also Michael, I asked our engineer about this. His request is that you do this....
    (part of our conversation)
    Mike: ask him to log out/log in then try the link
    Lara : ok
    Mike : if that doesn't work, have him post a screen shot of the error

I don't think it would hurt to delete temp internet files and cookies for PR as well before logging in.
    Lara

I have tried all of this yesterday and earlier today to no avail with any browser. I've tried IE 6.0.2800. as well as Opera 7, Mozilla 1.73, and Firefox 1.0.

I have been logged on at the time for the new tests and the discussions are no problem at all. I have posted reviews in the past but I'm not sure I've done that since the new software went in.

Obviously, this is not a widespread problem and you shouldn't waste any more time with it. Ever since the switch to the new forums, I've had scattered problems that I just ignore. Being able to post a few reviews would be nice but it isn't critical. As long as the forums work for me, I'm OK.

Thanks!

I appreciate your trying everything you could to get your review posted. I imagine if it's a problem for you, there are others that could be having the same issues.

John, Mike or I let you know if we find the answer.

Thanks Michael...
    Lara

Thread Information