Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Kodak Pro SLR/n Review

Not complete but more than just a quick look.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SLRN/SLRNA.HTM
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Kodak Pro SLR/n Review

Hope to get one soon.

Uwe
    www.outbackphoto.com
    www.colors-by-nature.com

Another good URL for the Pro SLR/n

Hello, all. My first post here in these forums. Here is some more good information on the SLR/n, in case anyone here hasn't seen it just yet / wasn't caught up in the PMA frenzy.

Official Site

There are links to the user manual there, as well as the samples many have talked about. Although I would like to see some new RAW samples that have been run through ACR. I think the image quality promises to be very high indeed, but there isn't that wide a variety of shots available to look at yet. Hopefully they'll post (or someone here will post) some "golden hour" landscape shots and some nice architecture shots.

Another concern of mine is the ergonomics of this camera. Seems very little about that has changed. I have large hands / long fingers but this thing looks like it was designed for the Ents!

I am really glad I found this forum though, some of the more "popular" digital forums on the web are just swamped with whiners and trolls. You have to wade through dozens of threads before you can find anything worthwhile. So, I am glad to find a new, moderated forum for digital.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

I checked with some friends (digital experts) and they find the new files really much improved.

With the ergonomics you have to live or get a 1Ds.

Uwe
    www.outbackphoto.com
    www.colors-by-nature.com

Well, being a Nikon F-mount type, Canon isn't in the picture for me right now. It's just kind of surprising that in this day and age of tiny circuits and such, that Kodak requires so much bulk be built into their design. Odder still, Nikon manufactures the body (though I suppose they do so to Kodak's specifications and as such have no real "input" into the camera's look and feel).

Kind of wishing they did. Would be nice to have the Pro SLR/n's features in an F100-like body. Or even an F5-like body, which is much heavier, but still clearly better designed than the SLR/n relatively speaking. The F5 is the single nicest dual grip SLR I've ever seen. Nothing from Canon or anyone else comes close IMO. But that's a different type of camera now I realize.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information