ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Stuck On The Mountain

I went up to Alta to ski yesterday. I decided the snow was getting too baked and tracked out at about noon and decided to head down. It was then that I discovered the canyon was closed due to avalanche activity above the road. I was stuck at Alta. And not during a storm, like I always dream about

But I did have a camera - the Fujifilm X10. So I spent the afternoon exploring some of the little nooks and crannies of Alta. And taking pictures. It wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon - mellow skiing on a warm day, in a beautiful place with a very nice camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1873.jpg   Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1846.jpg   Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1880.jpg   Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1862.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Getting Nutty

It was warm. But it wasn't *warm* warm. I noted 34 Fahrenheit up here at the top in the afternoon. That's still not warm enough for this kind of Alta employee silliness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1911.jpg  
    Photo-John

Never Get Tired Of This View

I never get tired of this view - looking north across Little Cottonwood Canyon from the top of Alta's Collins lift.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1914.jpg  
    Photo-John

Stuck At Gold Miner's

This is the crowd at Gold Miner's Daughter, at the base of the mountain, waiting for the traffic in the canyon to clear. It was quite a party, with the warm weather and everyone stuck. The beer line inside was pretty impressive. I didn't actually start my car to head down until about 7 PM but in the end, I had a pretty fine day and I'm really happy with all the photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck On The Mountain-_dsf1925.jpg  
    Photo-John

Re: Stuck On The Mountain

Some very impressive photos with this camera John...I think I need to go read about it.

A camera will always help get the time go faster

great images, I really like the one is post #3

I've gotten stuck at Crested Butte during a big storm. Good skiing, but not all of the lifts were running so it was somewhat limited. Looks like you didn't have too bad of a time with it! Pics look good!

Thread Information