Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

New Orleans Model

C&Cs are welcome.

I did a little PP to this one; Does it stay on the fair play side of the bar?

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Orleans Model-dsc_4462_edit2_800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: New Orleans Model

Wow- that is all I have to say! This is great!

wow- that is all I have to say! This is fantastic!

Yeah, that is freaking awesome.

GB1

Thanks guys. Showed it to someone here and he thinks it would be a stronger image w/o the beer -- sacrilege ! I tried a quick edit to remove it but I need to work on it at home. Will post that once I edit it!

G

My Site

I think this is one outstanding shot, just as it is, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Leave the beer, it adds atmosphere. Very nice shot GB, no need for critique :thumbsup:

Most definitely leave the beer. It totally adds a piece to the character. And what a character shot this is. Wonderfully lit, posed, etc., etc., etc. The only very very very small thing I don't like is the chair. Another type of chair might give more character. But please note how small that criticism is.
    I've got a feeling his will be the next photo of the week.

Substitute whiskey for the beer. Or maybe a water pipe.

GB1

Thanks fellows! I guess it works.

Beer or whiskey? Seems everyone likes something there. Too bad we didn't have a 5th of JD there as a prop ... you try to think of everything of what you'll need, but it never works.

Arne, believe me, I know about the chair. My assistant and I were discussing this very point .. I thought it was too plain, he thought it would do. We didn't have anything else besides a half broken French chair so that was decided.

On a side note about the shoot, I apparently shot about every one of these images ~ 1 f-stop underexposed and not on purpose! I didn't use a flash meter and the studio was so dark, I guess the shots just looked properly exposed on my camera LCD, but seem really dark here @ home. Arrgg. Better dark than too bright, but I think I learned my lesson: always meter first.

G

My Site

Thread Information