Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Shot from the mx track

Here are a few pics of me that my wife took at Englishtown Raceway Park.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot from the mx track-dsc_34671-medium-.jpg   Shot from the mx track-dsc_34901-medium-.jpg   Shot from the mx track-dsc_35561-medium-.jpg   Shot from the mx track-dsc_36051-medium-.jpg   Shot from the mx track-dsc_39441-medium-.jpg  

Re: Shot from the mx track

Any advice for the future? How does the color/exposure look?

I like your last one a lot. It would help to have some element of the track in the photo to give a sense of height.

I really like the second one. I think the dirt that is in mid air being in focus and the rider out of focus is really appealing. Did you mean to do that? Regardless, very cool picture. The last one looks good as well.
    IMO- With a bit of editing you can really make them pop by bringing out the greens and darkening the blacks. good stuff though. just a suggestion.
    Marco Arreguin

All critique/advice welcome.
    Growing every day.

No she didnt mean to do that, was just luck, i like it too. I guess the camrea just focused on tne closest subject, being the dirt. I have Photshop CS but have no I dea how to use it. I looks so complicated to figure everything out. Any ideas where I can learn how to use Photoshop?

The place that I learned things like that for free is Youtube.com There are a lot of people that put up tutorials and some people are very good at explaining things. give it a shot. go click around watch a bunch of videos. even if you don't understand some of it... you can just go click around photoshop until you get it.

those programs seem complicated but the more you learn to use them, the easier it is to figure everything else out. It's worth trying. really helps.
    Marco Arreguin

Growing every day.

Hope you don't mind. I just did a bit of editing on these. I just adjusted the colors an fill lights in a program named Lightroom 2. You can do the same in photoshop I am sure. I just wanted to show you that a little adjusting can make a big difference.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Marco Arreguin

Growing every day.

No I dont mind, they look good. I will look around on youtube, thanks for the info.

Thread Information