Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

1st football game

Hi all...

I am expanding my sports and went to a local football game for 10-11 year olds. I have some friends who's kids play on the gold team and my barber coaches the green team. I told them both I would come out and try my hand at it and see if I can get anything worth while....

Let me know what you all think......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st football game-fb1.jpg   1st football game-fb2.jpg   1st football game-fb3.jpg   1st football game-fb4.jpg   1st football game-fb5.jpg  

Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Re: 1st football game

These are awesome! I love #2! Very well done for your first game.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Thank you....

I have been able to go over the 200 I took (I tend to shoot ALOT) and found several that I like, but now I want to go shoot more as I LOVE football and I love to shoot. I think I am addicted now to football..

Phil
    www.ODMP.org

You know you're in FOOTBALL country when even the young players have real jerseys with their names on the back!
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

You know you're in FOOTBALL country when even the young players have real jerseys with their names on the back!
    I don't know what is hitting Michigan worse, the failing economy or that the University of Michigan sucks this year. The only redeeming aspect of this year is Michigan State is kicking some butt. If Michigan can win at Ohio State, then no one will care about lost jobs, the mayor in jail, the housing slump and the drug problem for a few weeks.

This is SERIOUS football country.....
    Phil
    www.ODMP.org

Quote Originally Posted by ciddog91
    I don't know what is hitting Michigan worse, the failing economy or that the University of Michigan sucks this year. The only redeeming aspect of this year is Michigan State is kicking some butt. If Michigan can win at Ohio State, then no one will care about lost jobs, the mayor in jail, the housing slump and the drug problem for a few weeks.

This is SERIOUS football country.....
    Phil
    Minnesota has the "blue" in two weeks.. hopefully they don't get any "better" until after that game ;)
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

Minnesota has the "blue" in two weeks.. hopefully they don't get any "better" until after that game ;)
    Don't worry about that. I don't think you will have a problem. We have had a few injuries, mostly some minor dings, but stuff we cannot afford, like it will make a difference.

More hope for Detroit is that the Lions could have a perfect season... 0-16.. don't know if that has ever been done before. We could make history..

Phil
    www.ODMP.org

Congrats on a job well done! It looks like you had perfect shooting conditions.

I work for the youth football league in my area has their photographer. I really enjoy shooting these little guys. A good thing about it is it will always prime you and help with timing b4 you shoot the big guys.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite