Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Where to buy the set of 3 kenko extension tubes?

Hi guys

I think I got cheated by 2 camera sales companies:

I purchased a Kenko extension tube set of 3 from Tri State Camera, and I then got a call from the company the next day asking if I want to substitute another extension tube for the one I ordered, the guy said the manual focus tube I requested would not fit on my Canon XTI body, so he substituted the Auto focus tube instead. When I received my extension tube in the mail, I only got ONE extension tube that was ultra long. I just realized this mistake today (my order is 4 months old), I am going to try to fix it.

I purchased a 11-18 Tamron DiII lens, from Preferred Photo, and the camera salesman emailed me the next day asking whether or not I want to buy a set of two UV and Polarizing filters for the lens, and he also asked me to substitute the American version of the lens, instead of the Japanese one I requested (where on the website did it say the lens was Japanese??) I had to be rather rude with him to force him to mail me just the lens, since I already have a polarizing filter (the only one in my collection).

so : my question is : who are the reputable dealers I can buy from next time, so I don't have to deal with this nonsense. It would be nice if the dealers were fairly cheap too :thumbsup:

thanks guys

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Where to buy the set of 3 kenko extension tubes?

Sounds like the classic bait and switch companies that are out there. About the only two companies I deal with for camera gear are B&H, and Adorama. Both are easy to deal with, and give you a fair price, and very good customer service.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Bought mine on ebay as it was the best price I could find. Don't remember the outfit but had no problems.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

If you ;look just above where you are reading this you will see something that says RECOMMENDED SITES AND SITES TO AVOID. I would suggest starting there. I have compiled a few lists and some helpful information that might do you some good, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information