ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    GB1

Skydiving Shots II

Some more scanned skydiving shots.

It's been 10 years since I did this stuff! But looking at these shots really brings back memories - the wind/prop blast when exiting the plane and the loud wind noise in freefall being the most vivid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skydiving Shots II-skydive12_px640.jpg   Skydiving Shots II-skydive13_px640.jpg   Skydiving Shots II-skydive15_px640.jpg   Skydiving Shots II-skydive11_px640.jpg   Skydiving Shots II-skydive10_px640.jpg  

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Skydiving Shots II

What altitude did you exit the plane at? You guys are up there!

BTW, from a former pilot, I just can't see the logic of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!

I did rather enjoy jump training though...
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Speed - We used to get pretty good altitude at this place (Chambersburg PA), usually 12-14 k feet. I used to jump in Washington state and with all those clouds we hardly ever got good altitude.. we'd sometimes jump from 2500 feet (hop and pop). These were taken probably between 6000-8000 feet, cept for the top one which looks to me from the size of the runway about 5000 ft. You really don't notice too much difference between 5000 and 10,000 feet btw unless you look close. Only about 4000 down can you start to see the sides of buildings etc and that gives you awareness of your altitude.

I've been up in so many little planes, but never landed in any.........

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

I've been up in so many little planes, but never landed in any.........

I've had skydiving buddies tell me that you get so pysched up about jumping, that if you can't jump and have to come back in the plane, you get sick.

It really looks like fun, just not sure I want to do it.

BTW, the shots were great!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information