Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds

Had some pictures and profits this past weekend at Belmont Racetrack. While I'm unwilling to share the profits, I'm most happy to share the pictures

1 - The Noble Damsel Breeders Cup, on Turf - Karen's Caper chases Pommes Frite.

2 - The Matron Stakes, 2 yr old fillies - 3 fillies race for the wire - from the outside, Meadow Breeze, Featherbed & Octave. The filly on the outside won - at odds of 35 -1 :thumbsup:

3 - The Futurity Stakes, 2 yr old colts - CP West chases King of the Roxy to the wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds-img_6417-karens-caper-pom.gif   Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds-img_6517-_-racing-w.gif   Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds-img_6618-_-king-roxy.gif  

Re: Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds

A few more:

1 - The Noble Damsel Breeders Cup - the entire field down the stretch. Taken from the 2nd floor grandstand.

2 - Winner of the Furturity - the promising 2 year old, King Of The Roxy, nostrils red and flaring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Belmont 9.2306 - Turf & Two year olds-img_6397-_-down-stretch.gif  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

love the angle of the first one of the second set. and the dirt flying out behind the horses in teh second picture of the first set. great shots, betchoo made some good money off that huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrislowshow
    love the angle of the first one of the second set. and the dirt flying out behind the horses in teh second picture of the first set. great shots, betchoo made some good money off that huh?
    Thanks Chris. While I didn't make money off the pictures, I do have a picture of the race I made money on

The second pix of set 1 - The Matron - well, the #5 horse won the race at 35 - 1, and the favorite was nowhere to be seen. The odds on the other 2 horses, who dead-heated for 2nd, were 5-1 and 8-1. And at the last minute I put the #5 in a trifecta box, just because I liked the way she looked. So $35 total bets got me $475 :thumbsup:

Yes, a very productive day all around

Thread Information