Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

don't use expresscameras.com

Just to give everyone a warning, stay away from expresscameras.com. They are terrible! Two weeks ago i ordered a canon eos 20d camera from them on the internet. I called them back to confirm my order and they added $700 dollars worth of accessories onto my order. I freaked out on them and told them that wasn't what i orginally ordered. They redirected me to the sales floor where i eventually was able to talk to someone. Our conversation went as follows.
    Me-Uh, you changed my original order and now I have $700 worth of stuff i don't need.
    EC-well what exactly didn't you want on the order?
    Me-First of all i don't need two battery chargers and two batteries, so could you take them off the order.
    EC-Sir, you are aware that this camera doesn't come with a battery or a charger?
    Me-um, i'm pretty sure your wrong, it should come with one from the factory.
    EC-no sir, the camera does not come with a battery, you have to purchase it and the charger sperately.
    Me-you know what, i kind of feel like i'm being pushed around, i'd like to cancel my order
    EC-sir, i'm not being pushy, i'm just trying to give you the better deal, we'll get it shipped out to you
    I called them back and talked to someone different and got them to take off one of the chargers and batteries. However, they're still charging me for a battery and charger that should come with the camera. They also told me since my order went through the onely way i could get my money back was to wait until the camera came and then ship it back. This all took place about 7 days ago and i'm still waiting for the camera. It should have arrived long ago since i specified 3 day shipping. Anyway.....just thought i'd let everyone know not to order anything from them. Any advice on what i should do?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: don't use expresscameras.com

Welcome to the forum. Have you called your credit card company to see if your card has been charged? Funny how they could cancel part of the order, but not the whole thing... I have dealt with companies like this before, and I was able to cancel my order. It took a few calls, but I managed to get it canceled and was never charged for anything. Sorry I can't be of more help...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I actually did call my bank and the transaction had already gone through. However, the bank said the expresscamera could reverse the charges if they wanted to. The way it was explained to me expresscamera didn't have to reimburse my card, it was pretty much up to them. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by drew2143
    I actually did call my bank and the transaction had already gone through. However, the bank said the expresscamera could reverse the charges if they wanted to. The way it was explained to me expresscamera didn't have to reimburse my card, it was pretty much up to them. Thanks for the help.

You can make a complaint online at the BBB Office. You will need the name, address, and telephone number of the camera dealer (or whatever they are). If they steal any of your money, you can go to the Federal Trade Commission and enter a complain there.

I had a similar experience, except that I canceled my order when they told me that a battery was not included with the camera. They also hiked the total from $838.99 to $1,112.00!!! That's when I cancelled twice, and immediately called my credit card company and gave then the details. They took the name of the company. When I placed the order online, I printed every page, all the way to the sales receipt, and kept them for future reference. But even with these records right in front of me, the guy on the telephone was still arguing about the price.

Kam

also cc your states attorney general on the communications as well and definitely the ftc if they are an out of your state operation. i hate scam shops like these. i hope you get your money back and can help shut them down.

You are not alone I joined you 3 days ago with the same kind of problem .They are liers, crooks,and thieves.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

2 weeks ago, I also ordered a XTi(body only) from expresscameras.com. but, last week I received to email from them. Email content is your order is canceled because we don't have stock. I think they only sell stupid buyer. Cheaper store has something reason.

Iron Horse

are these guys grey-marketing these cameras? their prices are less than half of what some of the other places are, which makes me pretty suspicious. right now they've got a D80 body for $399... says brand new and 1-year USA warranty. not necessarily "manufacturers warranty". thoughts?

Guys,
    When are you going to learn that the free cheese is only in a mousetrap? If you see the deal on something and it's more than 25% off, don't you think it would be wise to be cautious with that purchase? Looks like greed keeps on ruling the world...

Also, I found it terrible CNET.COM lists normal prices on the photo/video equipment, and then below they may have "Sponsored Links" where you find scammers like expresscameras.com and royalcameras.com. Aren't they our 'advisors'?

alr

Thumbs down Re: don't use expresscameras.com

ExpressCameras.com is the worst, they advertise products on the Internet for very low prices just to lure customers and then ask you to call to confirm order in order to up sell you to something else that they have more profit on. They are extremely rude on the phone, no customer service values at all- basically they are a fraud I would NEVER buy from them!!
    Arie

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy
    Guys,
    When are you going to learn that the free cheese is only in a mousetrap? If you see the deal on something and it's more than 25% off, don't you think it would be wise to be cautious with that purchase? Looks like greed keeps on ruling the world...
    Good advice. Consumers should remember that the markup on cameras is not that much. Always do your research before you buy. There are several price comparison sites that usually come up first on search engines. Use them and you will easily pick out the scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy
    Also, I found it terrible CNET.COM lists normal prices on the photo/video equipment, and then below they may have "Sponsored Links" where you find scammers like expresscameras.com and royalcameras.com. Aren't they our 'advisors'?
    In web world, you can only compare price rather than quality....

also, who knows what is the relationship between CNET.COM and scammers like expresscameras.com and royalcameras.com.

So I'm about ready to go on a well deserved leave back to the states. And I have made use with my Canon Rebel XTi. I was planning on spending some time with my family, taking them to Busch Gardens with my two little step brothers, then off to visiting a special girl in Chicago. Figured I'd get a new lens to make the most out of it, considering my stock lens and telephoto lens that I have been using is been getting quite beat up.

I ordered what was going to be a great L Series Canon lens, 24-70mm. I think it's on the featured items list. I don't recall the technical specifications for the product. Anyway, slick talking Adam ext#248 decided to use his fast talk sales pitch and sell me this Sigma Lens, asphyrical macro. With "Hypersonic!" technology not like my Canon Ultrasonic 75-200mm telephoto lens I currently use. Bottom line is. I fell into his pitch and purchased this Sigma Lens for $820. After searching other sites and popping a few nerves in my brain. I've come to realize that other sites are selling this same lens for HALF the price I have purchased it for.

Enraged. Not only do I have to tell my grandmother (Most companies won't ship to APO addresses, my mail is routed to family members) that I want this returned. But I called them back, requesting an RMA and an immediate refund. I myself, grew up in Foster care in the east coast. So I am used to this Brooklyn oriented attitude. However I didn't do my research and was ripped off.

Customer Services required me to enclose $79 for the Restocking-Shipping fee. I had to Western Union that to my Grandmother (Even that has a fee) and have her enclose that money order. She just overnighted the package today. Hopefully they will refund my order. Thanks to one of the posts on CNet, I got the number for the New Jersey Attorney General - Ecommerce Investigation Unit. So maybe I'll be giving them a call if I don't see a refund within the next two or three days.

It's nice to know that the Sales Person was "hooking me up" and have complimented me for serving my country while simultaneously ripping me off. I'll just be hopeful and see if I can get this refund I deserve anytime soon. I already paid them their little fee. And the product was just shipped to my grandmother's home days ago. Not even a week has gone by yet.

Bottom Line, Don't do business with these guys. I fell into their trap and screwed myself. So, good lesson learned for a young guy like me. Do your research before you buy these kind of products. I was also interested in the Canon XL H1 they are selling there, good thing I had this experience first before I went out and started buying from the lowest pricing vendor. These things are an emotional buy when the product is a hobby, or a profession you love.

Thread Information