Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Thread: watermark??

watermark??

can anyone here explain to me how to add a watermark into the nikon nx2 program?? I've never done this before and cant figure it out.

Thanks
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

Re: watermark??

Did you figure it out? I don't know the Nikon software and I apply watermarks in Photoshop, anyway.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I use photoshop but haven't been able to find how to appy my watermark without having to resize it on every image. Any suggestions?

I think explanations for watermarks for any and every program would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Did you figure it out? I don't know the Nikon software and I apply watermarks in Photoshop, anyway.
    not yet John
    I havent got photoshop yet just the program that came with my Nikon
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

Usually watermark is a Text which represents the name of the author / company that owns the photograph along with a copyright symbol.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blsamples View Post
    I use photoshop but haven't been able to find how to appy my watermark without having to resize it on every image. Any suggestions?
    This is a method that works really well in Photoshop that I saw on a video tutorial several years ago. I'm not sure if you can make it place the watermark someplace other than the middle of the image, but you don't have to resize it every time you ue. it.

The first step is to open a new blank document in photoshop, with a transparant background. Make it a very large document. Add your copyright to the blank document. They used a standard copyright symbol. The next step is to fill it with 50% gray. They added an Embos and bevel layer style to the symbol, and then saved the file to a place where it wouldn't get moved or deleted.

The next step was to open a photo. Create a new action and do the following once it's recording. Go to File - Place, and select the copyright file you just created. This will place the file into your image as a smart object. Hit enter to place the smart object into your photo. It will size and center the symbol automatically. Go to your layers pallet and change the blend mode to Hard Light. Flatten the image, and stop recording the action.

Everytime you want to add your copyright to a photo, run the action, and you're done.

Here is an example of what the final image looks like.

watermark??-copyright.jpg
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks! I can't wait to try this, I will be using my custom watermark which I think I can just use instead of the "C" in your example, I just need to put it in a transparent background

Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information