Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Question Useful tips/guide for post processing

I'm looking for useful tips and or guides to get started with post processing. I'm a hobbyist and am just getting started with my first real DSLR but have been shooting with a Nikon CoolPix P500 for about the last 2 years using MASP.

Software wise I would prefer it be kept to the adobe suite as that is what I have access to. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you everyone in advanced.

Re: Useful tips/guide for post processing

Adobe Lightroom has become probably the most commonly used software for post processing digital images. There are a lot of online and written resources offering tutorials and tips. I started with a Scott Kelby book on the LR version I first purchased, and found it to be a great way to get started in using the program. There are also a number of YouTube videos showing specific techniques that are handy at times. I'd suggest purchasing the program, picking a resource as your guide, and then jumping in with both feet!
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    Adobe Lightroom has become probably the most commonly used software for post processing digital images. There are a lot of online and written resources offering tutorials and tips. I started with a Scott Kelby book on the LR version I first purchased, and found it to be a great way to get started in using the program. There are also a number of YouTube videos showing specific techniques that are handy at times. I'd suggest purchasing the program, picking a resource as your guide, and then jumping in with both feet!
    Is there any specific guide/tutorial/resource (hopefully written, don't get learn much from watching something happen) that you would recommend. With so much content out there it can make it hard to find something of solid quality. Also I am not scared off if the guide/tut/resource is very technical as long as they explain it because I work in the tech field so I am used to it.

Here is a link to the book I'd buy (assuming you purchase LR 5)
    https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...&ved=0CLsBELkk
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

I really love to have this offer again but right now it is not available. How can I get it again?

Here are some points which are needed to follow for post-processing:

-Choosing the right photo editing software
    -Cropping out any unwanted images
    -Exposure and contrast adjusting
    -Dodge and Burn effect
    -Sharpen Image Tool
    -Adjust saturation

Thread Information