Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Shutter Stream Product Photograhy Software??

Hi Guys, Still new to the forum - posted this in the wrong area earlier. Anyways, wanted to see if anyone had feedback.....

I was doing a little more research this morning on product photography lighting and techniques and was able to find what looks like a cool new software for product photography on Kickstarter (crowdfunding site if any of you are not familiar).
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphy-software

I would doubt anyone has any experience with it as it looks like it has not launched yet however looks like it will be perfect for shooting my friends products for his website. I was able to find out a little more about this product on their website How it Works - Shutter Stream Digital Photography Software - from what i see there are some cool features that should help me with my 'lack of experience'...

Does anyone have any experience shooting through software programs? Does it really help that much?

-Mark

Re: Shutter Stream Product Photograhy Software??

That is a big YES Mark

The screen on the back of the camera is just too small to critically analyze focus and even composition. When tethered to a laptop your results are there right now on a much larger screen. No more back and forthing to a desktop with a card...

Another advantage of tethering software is that you are not restricted by the camera's available focus points. I use "Control My Nikon" ($29.95) and/or "digiCamControl" (freeware), simply switch on live view (from the program) and click once on the image to move the focus box to the desired focus point.

Then you can click on "auto focus" and immediately view the results without capture and decide whether to fine tune or go to the main window menu and click on "shoot" without auto focusing again.

There are a number of other programs such as Lightroom that allow for tethered capture.

Cheers, Don

Sorry for being so slow to reply. I guess I wasn't receiving notifications for this forum.

Anyways, a BIG YES is right!

I ended up purchasing this Shutter Stream program about a month and a half ago and it has been a game changer. Prior to using the software I was shooting about 4 products an hour (including editing, resizing etc.). Each product had 2 angles so in total 8 images an hour). now i am able to do everything from the Shutter Stream program and have been able to shoot, edit and resize upwards of 25 products (50 images) an hour...

Anyways, thats my 2 cents... Very happy with my purchase

Ive actually used this software when i was doing a contract web product photography job and absolutely loved it. Its got some very useful features that saved me a lot of time (maybe too much time haha, i got through the job in about 1/4th of the time we originally thought it would take and unfortunately I was being paid by the hour).

Shutter Stream Product Photograhy Software

Hi guysI was wondering what kind of video editing software you guys are using. Currently Im using AVS video editor 5.1 to edit my point of view footage but its rather slow and tends to crash now and then. Any good suggestions?Thanks

I am a user of Adobe After Effects. In my opinion, it will be best for you.

asad azeem

After all, the whole European crowd is longing for football, and UEFA has responded tremendously by giving eleven countries the privilege of hosting this premier European competition.euro 2020 live streaming

asad azeem

Hello! I buy pure cocaine powder could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after browsing through Adopt Munchkin Kittens many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m certainly happy I came Buy Oxycontin online across it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back pluryal volume often!

Thread Information