Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Portfolio Software

I'm tryin to put together a portfolio of some of my images on a CD and am running into some problems. My initial approach was to build a portfolio page in PE9 as a PSE including the image and some text. These looked great. I then converted the PSE file to a PDF figuring that these were pretty universely accepted on MAC or PC.

The trouble with this is that my files looked good initially, but seemed like the more I viewed them, the text and images in the PDF became jagged. I read someting about this potentially being caused by files in the cache??. Over my head and too strange, so I tried some software I found on the web - Portfolio Creator. Didn't really care for this, the results wern't very profesional looking (could just be my lack of patience at this point).

Anyone have any suggestions for creating a professional looking portfolio CD?

Thanks,

Phil G.

Re: Portfolio Software

Phil, I am not sure what you mean by "became jagged", because I have used Elements 8 to produce a slide show or 2 in PDF format and that went okay. Only other thing I can think of is to use something like PowerPoint and set the "show" up as a self-playing presentation. This uses what is called the kiosk mode in PowerPoint and it runs until you hit the key. This does depend on the "user" having PowerPoint on their computer. It also does not give the "watcher" the opportunity to go back and examine previous slides, so this is probably not what you want...assuming that you want to be able to send this CD to prospective clients so that they can view it without your being there - correct.

Have you looked into Windows Live - Movie Maker, Media Center or Media Player, Picassa, or any of the other "non-Adobe" solutions? I know that these probably don't work on a MAC, as they are Windows applications, but, maybe there is something in the MAC world that you could use as well - means you might have to send out two "portfolios" one MAC and one PC.

Sorry if this doesn't help much, but it's all I can think of for now as I do presentations and I am always present to do them, so I don't have to worry about someone not being able to make it work because I am not there.

Cheers,

WesternGuy
    Never memorize something you can look up. - Albert Einstein

Thanks WesternGut. I really wanted to stay away from PowerPoint primarly because I don't have it. I also believe that a lot of the "Art World" uses Mac and I want a solution that can be easily accessed by Windows and Mac.

By jagged I mean the text is not crisp looking.

Thanks,

Phil G.

I found an acceptable alternative right under my nose. PE9 has a slide show feature in the organizer that let's you create a slide show and then output it to a PDF file which is actaully a slide show. Plays well in Windows and on Mac, and the text didn't shift.

Phil G.

Thread Information