Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>
    GB1

Photoshop Workspace Customization

Customizing your Photoshop workspace: anyone know anything on the subject? One of my new year resolutions is to set up my CS5 environment to increase my workflow, but I have no idea how to do it.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

n8

Re: Photoshop Workspace Customization

That's a pretty vague request. Any aspects that are really tripping you up?
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

GB1

Yeah it is vague. Perhaps creating customized toolbar buttons. Automating the creation of duplicate background layers and adding dark cover over it (I forget what the exact term is) for selective sharpening technique. And is there any way to visualize the rotations in CS5 instead of just guessimating how much rotation an image needs, making it, reevaluating, and repeating the process? I go through this all the time and it sucks. Corel PhotoPaint has a visual way of rotating and seeing what you will get before you click Ok.

Maybe it would be helpful for others who have customized their environment to suggest things here too? I guess it can't hurt.

My Site

You can do the automated creation of duplicate background layers etc by creating it as an action. You need to record it in the 'actions' tab, if its not showing hit alt+F9 to preview the window. CS5 does the rotation preview in its raw conversion, but in the document it will just show the marquee with a certain level of opacity (which you can select). If you need a preview, you could always just finish the crop, then ctrl+z if you don't like it ;) lol.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

btw GB, if you Alt-click (Option-click on a Mac) the Layer Mask button in the layers palette, it automatically creates a black-filled mask.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

GB1

Thanks fellows. The weekend got away from me but I will attack this more during the week.

Btw - just to let you know, there's another Photoshop World convention this March, in Wash DC.

My Site

Thanks fellows. The weekend got away from me but I will attack this more during the week.

Btw - just to let you know, there's another Photoshop World convention this March, in Wash DC. :thumbsup:

[IMG]http://www.**********/g.gif[/IMG]

Thread Information