Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>
    n8

Lightroom and stacks

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use stacks. If I export a group of photos to photomatix, which then exports them back to LR and stacks it with the original, I can see that there are two pics in the stack, but cannot view the second one. The only way I can is by choosing the second display icon, but I can't figure out how to see it for development. I've tried expanding the stack, but nothing seems to happen.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Re: Lightroom and stacks

Me to. But if you have an iPad or iPhone they are some great podcast on the subject. I think there are videos at the Adobe site too. I just haven't taken the time to watch any.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by n8 View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use stacks. If I export a group of photos to photomatix, which then exports them back to LR and stacks it with the original, I can see that there are two pics in the stack, but cannot view the second one. The only way I can is by choosing the second display icon, but I can't figure out how to see it for development. I've tried expanding the stack, but nothing seems to happen.
    If I understand the question, the 'stack' is just layers, right? Just turn the appropriate layers on/off to see and work on the one you want. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I have the same problem if I import the images and immediately send them to photomatix, or even if I edit and export them to a jpeg (I have LR set to automatically stack exports with the Raw file). However, once I have moved the image set to a folder and am no longer working in the Import virtual folder, I can unstack the images and see each one. Not sure if that is the situation you are dealing with, but thought it might be close.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

n8

Sounds like it. I usually have to make sure to click on the "all images" (or whatever it is) tab in order to find the exported image.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

have the same problem if I import the images and immediately send them to photomatix, or even if I edit and export them to a jpeg (I have LR set to automatically stack exports with the Raw file). However, once I have moved the image set to a folder and am no longer working in the Import virtual folder, I can unstack the images and see each one. Not sure if that is the situation you are dealing with, but thought it might be close

[IMG]http://www.**********/g.gif[/IMG]

Thread Information