Lightroom and stacks

Printable View

• 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM
    n8
    Lightroom and stacks
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use stacks. If I export a group of photos to photomatix, which then exports them back to LR and stacks it with the original, I can see that there are two pics in the stack, but cannot view the second one. The only way I can is by choosing the second display icon, but I can't figure out how to see it for development. I've tried expanding the stack, but nothing seems to happen.
  • 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Lightroom and stacks
    Me to. But if you have an iPad or iPhone they are some great podcast on the subject. I think there are videos at the Adobe site too. I just haven't taken the time to watch any.
  • 02-04-2012, 06:56 AM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use stacks. If I export a group of photos to photomatix, which then exports them back to LR and stacks it with the original, I can see that there are two pics in the stack, but cannot view the second one. The only way I can is by choosing the second display icon, but I can't figure out how to see it for development. I've tried expanding the stack, but nothing seems to happen.

If I understand the question, the 'stack' is just layers, right? Just turn the appropriate layers on/off to see and work on the one you want. - Terry
  • 02-04-2012, 07:04 AM
    Greg McCary
  • 02-05-2012, 12:15 AM
    ksbryan0
    I have the same problem if I import the images and immediately send them to photomatix, or even if I edit and export them to a jpeg (I have LR set to automatically stack exports with the Raw file). However, once I have moved the image set to a folder and am no longer working in the Import virtual folder, I can unstack the images and see each one. Not sure if that is the situation you are dealing with, but thought it might be close.
  • 02-05-2012, 08:02 PM
    n8
    Sounds like it. I usually have to make sure to click on the "all images" (or whatever it is) tab in order to find the exported image.
  • 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
    terry1444
    have the same problem if I import the images and immediately send them to photomatix, or even if I edit and export them to a jpeg (I have LR set to automatically stack exports with the Raw file). However, once I have moved the image set to a folder and am no longer working in the Import virtual folder, I can unstack the images and see each one. Not sure if that is the situation you are dealing with, but thought it might be close:)

[IMG]http://www.**********/g.gif[/IMG]