Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

photo distortion correction software.

Hi all. Can someone please tell me what a good and simple to use photography software is that will correct distortion caused by a lens.
    Thinking of maybe getting the Nikon D600 and the 24-120mm lens. It's a good lens but distortion is one of it's weakness.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

GB1

Re: photo distortion correction software.

Volks -

Photoshop CS5 and I believe earlier versions have this effect built in. I think it's called Lens Correction and it examines the EXIF data and automatically downloads the correction data and can correct for both lens distortion and vignetting. However, not all lenses have the data, but you can always use it's manual function to correct (actually, I sometimes do this in lieu of the Automatic method). Note though that there are some situations it can't handle, when the curvature is too extreme, I believe that it also crops a bit off the sides of the image in the process.

Btw, I have the 24-70mm lens and it's distortion is also pretty high. Wouldn't want to use it downtown with all those straight lines.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks GB1. I'll put that one on my list to check out.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

You can use PHOTO EDITOR software, PHOTO EDITOR is its name, Photo Editor is a basic photo correction utility with a few professional quality tools. It has all of the basic enhancement tools to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and color cast, and some retouching or "make-up" tools that work similar to the coveted healing brush in Photoshop.

Thread Information