Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Nikon SA-21 strip film adapter > negative won't eject

Nikon SA-21 strip film adapter

My 35mm negative strip with 4 images won't eject. It's completely inside the unit and I don't know how to safely open it. I can't find a service manual. After removing the negative, I would like to clean the pathway of any sticky contaminants.

GB1

Re: Nikon SA-21 strip film adapter > negative won't eject

Hey Po,

I have a Nikon Coolscan scanner and it has jammed on more than one occasion. I took it apart by unscrewing all the screws on the bottom and, if I remember correctly, found some sort of mechanical part that you push in to release it. I do know that it took a awhile to find that release mechanism. I then put it back together and it worked fine. It has done this ~ three times I think, usually because I didn't have the negative flap all the way down or something.

I hope this helps! Try in the Help Section too.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Nikon SA-21 strip film adapter > negative won't eject

The release button was the key. It lets the front swing down and the top swing up. The screws at the bottom just appear to hold the mechanism in place inside the plastic shell. I cleaned the rollers and track and 2 sensors. Sticky stuff from the edge of the negative strip gets on the track. WD40 on a Q-tip cleans the side track. I used lens paper and then scotch tape to clean dusty stuff off the rollers. Don't put WD40 on the rollers!

Thread Information