Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Question Latest ACDSee 2009

Is anyone using the new ACDSee 2009, I downloaded the free trial today and I quite like it. I have been using an old version for some time now but it had no RAW conversion. I'd be interested to know what people think of the better functionality.

franciax

Re: Latest ACDSee 2009

I have never used ACDSee but I've always been curious about it. Are you still using it? If so, what do you think? Did you pay for the full version?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I had an older version as well that I thought was fantastic, sadly it was lost in a HDD meltdown, but I'm starting to gather enough photos now that it may be worth another look.

ACDsee is my programme for putting my original unmanipulated, straight out of the camera images into. To keep them free from confusion.

I like ACDsee because the layout is big and bold and displays up to four images on the outside of each download folder, straight out of the camera. Which makes a day's shooting quickly recognizable even several months later.

A simple click on any image in any folder gives an instantly enlarged version for viewing and another click sends the image back to the main folder catalogue. Something Adobe Lightroom could seriously learn from.

The ACDSee programme is the least awkward programme that I've used for copying and modifying image file types before manipulating them in other digital darkrooms. All post processing in the digital darkrooms, I then do with Canon Arcsoft or Adobe Lightroom.

I like having a complete set of original images sitting free from any chance of confusion with post processed images because I make many variations of an image until I'm happy.

For this one reason ACDSee is perfect. I do no editing with ACDSee whatsoever (except for modifying file types and copying originals). ACDSee just remains as my on-the-computer archive for SOOC images.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-12-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Thread Information