Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

How to get rid of the imperfections of a diamond wedding ring...?

The question is simple: How to get rid of the imperfections of a diamond wedding ring...? As you see there are tiny cracks and spots on the diamond on the wedding ring. How can I get rid of them and make the ring look perfect?

GB1

Re: How to get rid of the imperfections of a diamond wedding ring...?

Heck of a shot there. I don't know of any way other than mask each geometric and apply a Gaussian or another type of blur.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thumbs up Re: How to get rid of the imperfections of a diamond wedding ring...?

If using Photoshop:
    Duplicate layer
    go to filters>sharpen>unsharp mask and get it sharper than normal (my test settings were 174/radius 11/threshold 43 for the attached)
    then go back to filters and this time choose noise>despeckle do this twice and you'll end up with the attached shot. from there it shouldn't be more than a 5 minute project to clone out the remaining imperfections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to get rid of the imperfections of a diamond wedding ring...?-mg_0213blog3despeckled.jpg  

Thanks A Lot!

Removing imperfection sometimes get too hard, you don't even know what you did
    I always suggest a to use a photo editing service like fotoeditors.com some are really good with professionals in jewellery editing.

​There is a lot of unique handcrafted jewellery on the market today. You can find pieces that are colorful and vibrant, as well as pieces that are delicate and intricate. You can find unique handcrafted jewellery​​ that is made from a variety of materials, including metal, glass, and stone. If you are looking for something unique and special, you should consider purchasing a piece of handcrafted jewellery.​

Thread Information