Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Can this smudge on lense be edited out?

I'm heartbroken there was a piece of grass on the lens when I took this photo of my son's big bass. Does anyone know if this can be edited out somehow? I'm a complete novice. Thanks much!

Can this smudge on lense be edited out?-jbass.jpg

Re: Can this smudge on lense be edited out?

Thank you! I don't understand your reply but I've submitted the photo to them, they seem to offer a free trial, and I'll see what they can do. I was thinking it must be possible to blend in the surrounding colors to edit or hide the defect.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by pstar View Post
    Thank you! I don't understand your reply but I've submitted the photo to them, they seem to offer a free trial, and I'll see what they can do. I was thinking it must be possible to blend in the surrounding colors to edit or hide the defect.
    Pstar, I think Bahu is just a spammer pumping some worthless website. To answer your question though, this one is probably of medium difficultly to fix. One could probably correct half of it with the Photoshop content-aware tool, then hand fix the rest. Would prob take half an hour.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks GB1. I was able to use the service Bahu directed me too for at least this one photo. I'm no expert but they appear to have done a decent job. They seem to have decreased the width of the fish a little tho which I don't like. What do you think?

Can this smudge on lense be edited out?-josh-bass.jpg

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by pstar View Post
    Thanks GB1. I was able to use the service Bahu directed me too for at least this one photo. I'm no expert but they appear to have done a decent job. They seem to have decreased the width of the fish a little tho which I don't like. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	josh-bass.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	93325
    Maybe his post wasn't worthless after all then. The image looks OK to me, no real complaints. The width is just a tad decreased.. prob not anything to complain about. I like the image BTW, great smile.
    G

My Site

GB1

Oh, btw, what do those guys charge?

My Site

Thread Information