Photography As Art Forum

This forum is for artists who use a camera to express themselves. If your primary concern is meaning and symbolism in photography, then you've come to the right place. Please respect other community members and their opinions when discussing the meaning of "art" or meaning in images. If you'd like to discuss one of your photos, please upload it to the photo gallery, and include a link to that gallery page in your post. Moderators: Irakly Shanidze, Megan, Asylum Steve
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

...And a "hello" from me too.

I just got here, and I've been busy catching up on the discussions and goings-on since this brand-spanking new forum's start.

Thanks to Irakly, Steve, and Photo-John for considering me for the position of Moderator #3. I'm really excited about this new creation, and thrilled to be part of it. I've missed this aspect of discussion about photography and art since graduating from the intensity and utopia of college [more than 10 years ago.] I look forward to the lively exchange of ideas and theory and all that will happen here. I've already learned something new, and it's sort of synchronistic: for the past couple years, I've been calling myself a "photographic artist," in order to differentiate myself [from the traditional perception of a photographer being a freelance or wedding photographer*.] So reading Irakly's first post, I find out that early photographers called themselves "photographic artists." Maybe I knew that somewhere in the back of my mind - but it's a "synch" because my "straight" Holga work I create in a pictorialist vein.

I've definitely got a few burning subjects that I think would be great discussions for this forum. I've got a few computer issues to solve over the next week or two before I can be here every day, so my participation will be spotty for a little while, but once I've got it all worked out, I hope I can add to the energy.

Megan
    * "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Welcome, Welcome and....

Welcome!
    I am glad you decided to jump on board!
    I can't wait to hear more from you regarding Photography as Art.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Yeah, can't wait...

...to play GOOD MODERATOR, BAD MODERATOR...

Just to give you a hint, Megan will most likely be the good moderator... ;)
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Lol!

LOL Steve!
    Like I said in the Mods Forum, I am sure Megan will keep the two of you in check...
    ;)

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Well...

I've got my snippy moments

But I'll shut down when I feel one coming on and take a few days to respond! ;)

Megan

Thread Information