Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: March Photo Project: Spring

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    I'm sorry, but here in Michigan we have eliminated spring and fall. We now go right from winter to summer then back to winter.
    John:mad2:
    Here in MN we have a two season year also: Winter, and Road Construction

I'm hoping to get a few shots to add to this already great collection, but still need to wait a little longer before things actually start to resemble something like spring.
    For the rest of you that actually have a real spring, these are great, keep em coming!

Phil

I have not had the chance to get out and shoot for this project yet, but spring break is next week, so I will have plenty of time then.

In the meantime, how about some spring '05...

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'm sorry, but here in Michigan we have eliminated spring and fall. We now go right from winter to summer then back to winter.
    I know the feeling. We went from 70 on Tuesday, to 35 and sleet on Wednesday...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well I didn't think I was going to be able to participate this month. I kept walking around the backyard looking for signs of spring and not finding any. this weekend I went to visit my daughter in Nashville and low and be hold it was Spring there. The dandy is for there but a actually found the crocus in the backyard when I got home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-dsc_8186-2-640.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-dsc_8347-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I was in the same boat as you Larry. We still had a foot of snow on the ground this weekend, when the wife and I left for Kentucky. The weather in Kentucky was great! It was in the upper 60's, and lower 70's around the Mammoth Cave area. I even saw a guy mowing his lawn, but I didn't have my camera handy.

When we got home on Tuesday, almost all the snow was gone, and the mercury hit 70! Spring will be here before we know it!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I was in the same boat as you Larry. We still had a foot of snow on the ground this weekend, when the wife and I left for Kentucky. The weather in Kentucky was great! It was in the upper 60's, and lower 70's around the Mammoth Cave area. I even saw a guy mowing his lawn, but I didn't have my camera handy.

When we got home on Tuesday, almost all the snow was gone, and the mercury hit 70! Spring will be here before we know it!
    Wow here you were in KY over the weekend. I was right through the area you were in on my way to Nashville. To bad we didn't know it, we could have arranged a mini gathering. South Western KY has weather a little milder than we do up in the northern part where I call home so spring still is not in full bloom up here. Hope you enjoyed your time in the Bluegrass State.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Wow here you were in KY over the weekend. I was right through the area you were in on my way to Nashville. To bad we didn't know it, we could have arranged a mini gathering. South Western KY has weather a little milder than we do up in the northern part where I call home so spring still is not in full bloom up here. Hope you enjoyed your time in the Bluegrass State.

We fell in love with Kentucky Larry, and we are already talking about going back for a longer trip. I was going to PM you to let you know we were coming, but when I figured out you lived on the opposite side of the state, and I knew we wouldn't have a lot of time, I decided not too. I will be sure to let you know, the next time we come to your neck of the woods.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

While stationed in Idaho, we found that they also had only 2 seasons...winter and the Fourth of July.
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    We should have had a mini gathering...I went up I-24 on Monday on the way back from NC.

WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Spring In Ohio. After two days of 70-degree weather we get hit with sleet and ice. This picture aint pretty but neither is Ohio weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-img_2522-4.jpg  

Lake Travis Austin, TX -

It is about 7am, and I just woke up, and this is the first pic I snapped out of the boat..

Ok.. this is one month i am not gonna miss out on.... but first i have 2 questions:

1- when you say spring is it a direct reference to the season or is it the word theme of this month's project (which prety much leaves a lot more open)???

2- You guys think you have it bad???? the only time close to spring here is december and half of jan... maybe... did i mention i live in hell?? it is already 90 here... so pardon me if i don't feel bad for you in about 1 month and a half, basically in May it will hit the 104 mark.... ut:

WeirdPICS, that is a very nice shot....

Post you later... ut:
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Marc,

I think the intent of the "Spring" theam was based on the season, but like all the other projects, it's totaly open to your interpretation of the word "spring". Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Not what you were expecting from the nature-guy?

Will post the "other" spring stuff later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-spring-1.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-spring-2.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Y'know what? I've been waiting for someone to posts Springs. LOL

me too! I wanted to upgrade to sport springs for my car especially for this thread...now I dont have the excuse to...lol

Oh, and WeirdPICS, that shot is ridiculously gorgeous.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Love the Springs Loupey, And I agree with Mr. Yuck, Thats a very nice picture WeirdPics. Glad you were able to capure it and share it.

Thanks a bunch for compliments!

Sugar time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-01.jpg  

KopyCot - the snowdrops are lovely.

WeirdPics - very moody. great shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-spring1.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-spring2.jpg  

Opening day is just a few days away.....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Buds
    Egret, breeding plumage
    cattle egret, breeding plumage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-pict5837.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-dsc05907.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-pict5815.jpg  

Another entry before March slips away on us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March Photo Project: Spring-dsc_8490-3-640.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-dsc_8504-3-640.jpg   March Photo Project: Spring-dsc_8517-3-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Love the photos everyone! Esp the springs! lol good one!
    I really love the boat dock. Thats beautiful!

Last edited by AmberC; 03-26-2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Tel

I instantly thought of this picture. Didnt take it for this, but hey, it works, right?

Thats my submission, but I'll throw this one in too.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information