Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Up To Abstraction

This one has always intrigued me. I keep it in my 'portfolio', but I have never presented it to. I like how it transitions, but I'm not sure about what it says to others.

It kind of fits with this month's theme though.
    Thanks for looking,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails July Project - Patterns-dsc_2036_pattern_sml.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: July Project - Patterns

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

My entry to the thread.
    JB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails July Project - Patterns-img_4780_1_edited-1.jpg  

Spurs and Clouds.

Warren.

I like your shot Jimmy.
    Nice idea on the contrast/transitions.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Wassa,
    I like yours also. Where did you shoot it?
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

I was thinking about this project while I was traveling on vacation. Slipping in four just before the drop dead date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails July Project - Patterns-pattern1.jpg   July Project - Patterns-pattern2.jpg   July Project - Patterns-pattern3.jpg   July Project - Patterns-pattern4.jpg  
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Old School, I'm sorry not to have answered you before now. I only just noticed your post.

In the area north of the Ettrema Wilderness and the Budawang Wilderness ... The Shoalhaven Gorge.

Which is about 40-60 kilometres inland from the town of Shoalhaven Heads on the New South Wales South Coast.

This is a wilderness region that I've been lost in many times. The more I'm lost the more I discover.

Many areas in SE Oz still haven't been seen by Whites. There are just not enough of us on the ground to search the place thoroughly apart from those who look at Landsat (Auslink) images.

Australia still has to be explored ... in countries with large populations it must seem odd to think that a country still hasn't been explored yet.

Each time I go out, into the bush, I can still add features to the Cultural Heritage Register. Australia is so big, with so few people here prepared to do expeditions, to discover thing of importance, I've 100 years of exploration still to do.

I've entered mountains on the Cultural Heritage Register, only 25 Kilometres from the Nation's Capital, that still haven't been seen by whites. Devil's Peak is one. I entered Devil's Peak as an Aboriganal site of signifigance on the Cultural Register, thinking that people would laugh at me for doing it, only to have regional archeaologists ask me to show them where it is ... that is no joke.

That shot of the upper Shoalhaven Gorge is unique. The only other photographer who has been there, that I'm sure of is Herry Gold. It was Henry who inspired me to give up my day job, after talking to him, to spend my time looking at Australia.

There is a place in the upper Shoalhaven gorge system called the Labyrinth, that peole still haven't seen ... not even the Kooris have been into the Labyrinth.

I'd go if my wife would let me, I mean so as not to disappoint her. Helen reckons I'd not ever be seen again if I did.... and she is probably right. Next winter the Labyrinth is my project. I believe that there are no extant images of the Labyrinth ... yet.

If you are looking for unique places to visit, and be the first white to see the place, the Inner Queen's Pound, inland from Moruya in NSW, is the go. Only one person has been there, a bloke called John Blay. I've read every word that he has written about the Pound. He wrote that he did 3 kilometres in a week ... having been to the edge of the Pound and having done a brief reccy, 3 kilometres of travel in a week, sounds about right.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-03-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Hey Warren,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have close friends from Australia, but I have yet to venture there. Sooner or later...

Thanks for the verbal tour,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information