Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

[Travel] Portraits!

Hi all,

I hope you don’t mind if I break the rules.

I seem to get lost in the monthly Photo Project thread. There are a bunch of wonderful shots that I want to look at, but I end up missing a few because it's such a big download (hard to find the new stuff). Thus, I propose that people provide their submissions to each project as an individual thread. This way, I hope not to miss anybody’s contribution (and I hope you don't miss mine!).

So, I’ll start out, eh? Since I’ve been traveling all this year, I’ll submit recent Portraits that I’ve worked on. The first bunch is the family...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Travel] Portraits!-travel.jpg   [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_0179_familyportrait_small.jpg   [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_1658_queliapril06_small.jpg  
    Last edited by OldSchool; 05-12-2006 at 01:08 PM.
    Samurai #17 |;^\

And…

A friend here asked me to shoot her wedding reception.

Thanks for looking,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_1652_queliapril06_8x10_small.jpg   [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_1586_queliapril06_small.jpg   [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_1641_queliapril06_small.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Re: [Travel] Portraits!

WOW! Your colours are fantastic OS. My prints keep turning out greyish looking, dull, lifeless and flat. Any idea why this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    WOW! Your colours are fantastic OS. My prints keep turning out greyish looking, dull, lifeless and flat. Any idea why this might be?
    Hi Alison,

Thanks for the kind words. To start off, I've looked at a lot of your work when I lurk on Photo Critique. I think your shots are wonderful. And, I like your submissions here.

As for my colors, having something colorful to shoot helps a bunch. I think I tweaked the colors a little in the family shots. However, I wanted skin tones to be truthful in the wedding shots. Thus, I just checked the white-balance using the bride's wipia (dress).

Cheers,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Thank you for the compliments.
    I know what you mean about making the skin tones more truthful. I do try to make my images as warm and truthful as possible.
    But sometimes when I click on something colour neutral everyone looks too orange or too pink/blue! So, alot of the time I just have to judge my colours by eye.
    Maybe I am my own worst critique

Sun

Shot on the Oregon coast...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Travel] Portraits!-sun.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Thought Control

I had to setup the tripod quickly to catch this one...
    Thanks again for looking,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Travel] Portraits!-dsc_3780thoughtcontrolsmall.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Thread Information