Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Epson R1900 Printer

After having trouble with two labs, I'm considering doing my own printing and was curious what is thought of the Epson R1900 printer. I assume it works ok with Vista Home premium 64-bit and will be nice working with Nikon Capture NX2 as well as Adobe PS.

Does anyone have any hands on knowledge about this particular printer? One thing I don't quite follow is why such odd sizes of paper are offered by Epson like 8 1/2 x11 instead of 8x10 and the 13x19 size as opposed to 11x14. Is it correct to assume if you order these sizes you have to trim them to the proper size for framing? A 13x19 paper print is not normal size to me.
    Kids are for people that can't have dogs.

Re: Epson R1900 Printer

I have the R2400 which is older than the R1900. It works fine with Vista 32 bit and with NX2. If I were you I would download the latest driver from the Epson download site (be sure to choose the 64 bit version) rather than the one on the CD (though the web site says it will work).

8.5 by 11 inches is US Letter size. That's a standard paper size. I don't recognise the others but they're probably standard too. Looking at the Epson store I see they make 8x10 inch size in a few finishes but better to switch over to standard paper sizes.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Epson R1900 Printer

Some programs are on 32-bit and some are on 64-bit. I don't know which Epson would want their files located.

Most frames I've seen are of the standard 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, etc. The 8 1/2 x11 size is mostly for printing text and such, or so I thought. If you want a borderless print to fit in an 8x10 frame you'll have to do some trimming if you purchase the slightly larger size.
    Kids are for people that can't have dogs.

Thread Information