Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Unhappy Urgent help needed!/Corrupted ORF file

I took 146 pictures in the ORF format (Olympus RAW format) using an Olympus SP-310 with an Olympus 1Gb xD card.The card was not corrupted since I was able to transfer all pictures to my PC. Each file has the .ORF extension and is 10,470KB in size.I'm able to view the first 104 pictures (i use either Bibble Pro or Photoshop CS2), but from picture 105 until 146 neither program is able to display them (Photoshop CS2 for example displays the following message:"Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"). I even tried Olympus Camedia Master Pro software without success.
    My question is: is there any software out there that might be able to repair these corrupted ORF files? I took these pictures in a remote location in the Andes, so needless to say, they are most valuable to me. Thanks for any help!!!

Re: Urgent help needed!/Corrupted ORF file

Try putting the files 105 to 146 in another directory with their thumbnail images and see if they show up then. Might be a file number maximum show. Just a thought. I don't have an Olympus so do know much about them.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: Urgent help needed!/Corrupted ORF file

If your camera came with its own software for downloading/viewing images, you might want to try that as well.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Thread Information