Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Tablet and CS 4 not working

Is anyone using a graphics tablet and PS CS4? When I try use my tablet with the brush tool to brush in a mask, all it's giving me is a straight line. Sometimes it works fine, and then all of a sudden it stops. It makes a straight line from the point where my pen touches the tablet, to the point where I pick up my pen. So if I use my pen to draw a circle, all I get is a straight line. The brush tool with my mouse works fine. I never had this issue with CS3.

Something else I have noticed with CS4. I have script I use for adding a frame and copyright to my photos. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work, I close PS, reopen it and then it works. This closing PS and reopening it also works to fix the pen issue...
    Last edited by mjs1973; 12-03-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

drg

Re: Tablet and CS 4 not working

1. Reload the tablet driver.
    2. There is a pressure sensitive tool selection option that may be changing the tool itself.
    3. There are a couple of new options for resources (in script files at startup) that are not easy to find I've been told today.
    4. Make sure that you have the latest driver for your tablet.

Finally, CS4 likes all the system resources it can get in the 'default' configurations. On Vista I would not run it doing any major work without 4Gb of RAM.

If none of this helps, let me know and I'll ask my guru if they've any other quick ideas.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thread Information