Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Angry RAW or TIFF - TIFF files contain more information

Hi

I have an application where the image analysis often requires me to split the info in a captured image into the three rgb channels, one image for each, sometimes changing the colour rep to HSI, YIQ, HSV. This has always worked fine with TIFF files each chanel containing different and sharp information.

I have just started working with RAW and have used a Nikon D2xs, Nikon D200 and Fuji S5 Pro. I have converted the files with Lightroom, Photoshop and Fuji HS V3 software. The converted TIFF file looks fine until I split the channels. All but one channels are very very badly pixelated and a lot of info is missing.

This makes me wonder what does RAW do to my images. If i capture an image on the D2xs as as TIFF I have no problems.

This is amjor issue and concerns me with gerneral photography as info is obviously be lost.
    Does anyone have any ideas?????

Re: RAW or TIFF - TIFF files contain more information

What happens if you develope the RAW file in Nikon's software?
    DEviaNT Photographer

'Tough' meant it was an uncompromising image, something that came from your gut, out of instinct, raw, of the moment, something that couldn’t be described in any other way. So it was tough. Tough to like, tough to see, tough to make, tough to understand. The tougher they were the more beautiful they became.
    ~ Joel Meyerowitz

Thread Information