Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: RAW help

RAW help

i can't get my raw files off my camera and onto my computer what do i do or need to get this done, camera is a nikion d50

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Re: RAW help

Quote Originally Posted by mondo1090
    i can't get my raw files off my camera and onto my computer what do i do or need to get this done, camera is a nikion d50
    Buy a cheap card reader.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

mondo - your D50 should have come with a trial verson of Nikon's photo software. You will need to install it in order to view RAW files from a Nikon.

Apple computers can also see RAW Nikon files without special software, but then I'm biased!
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

Did you ever get this figured out? Your computer should able to see the files and you should be able to move them, regardless of the computer and what software you have. It's opening them and converting them that you'll need other software for. If you can't see them and move them, and you're using Windows, you may have to change some directory settings so that you can see all file types. I believe Windows default settings may not display RAW file types.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

You need to download the RAW viewer from the microsoft site for XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...photo/raw.mspx

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by OBie
    mondo - your D50 should have come with a trial verson of Nikon's photo software. You will need to install it in order to view RAW files from a Nikon.

Apple computers can also see RAW Nikon files without special software, but then I'm biased!
    You are not biased, you are educated ( no offense anyone)

But like John said, a file is a file even if you can't open it.... and yeah...get a cheap card reader they are the ones that work best!

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information