Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

PS script problem

I have a script loaded in PSCS2, that I have been using to add a frame, and copyright to my photos before I post them on the web. For some reason, I can't get the year to change when I run the script. I have opened up the file from the directory on my computer, and edited the script so it has the right year, but when I try to run it, it still puts 2006 on the image. I can change the year manualy with the interface that comes up when I run the script, but I want to change it so it defalts to 2007. I remeber having this same problem last year when I went from 2005 to 2006, but I don't know how I fixed it... I have searched the entire script and there is no 2006 in it anywhere, so I don't know why it keeps putting that on my images...

I have deleted the script files, and replaced them with new ones, with the updated info in them, but they still put 2006 on my files. I close out of PS everytime I make a correction to the script. Once the correction is made, I relaunch PS, and run the script again, all with the same results...

I got the script of the net a few years ago, and the person who wrote it, is now charging for the script, so I don't want to post it here for someone to look at.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by mjs1973; 01-11-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: PS script problem

Ok, I just deleted all the scrpit files from the directory, and replaced them with the original scrpits. The originals contain the copywrite info of the person who wrote the scripts. I then restarted my PC (running XP if that helps), launched PS and ran the script. It is still putting my copywrite name with the year 2006 on the photos, even though my name isn't anywhere in the script...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Michael,

Difficult without seeing what the script does. Does the script pick the information up from a variable in PS itself which needs to be changed through Preference or something, or is it reading information from a file, or is it hard coded in the file.

Delete all the files in your temporary folders just in case it caches it in a file.

Can't think of anything else at the moment 'cause I'm to tired.

Let me know how you get on.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Could you post a copy of the script please?
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick reply! I just figured it out!! There was a seperate file, in a different directory that the script was reading my default info from. Once I updated that, it works just fine!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Thread Information