Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

printing pictures, need best quality.

So i'm printing some pictures for my portfolio (finally). whats the best way to get the highest resolution out of a print? and more importantly, how can i do it so it doesnt crop anything off of the image?

Ive been editing in cs2 - then croping to particular sizes (8x12, letter, 5x7, and 4x6), so every picture is in the size i want to be printed, but i havent yet been able to print without having at least a bit cut off on the sides (the copyright info is always slightly clipped)...

help please . Im printing from various different types of image formats, from jpeg and tiff to raw PSD, and everything from 1.9 megapixels to 6.

thanks!

oh yeah, im printing on an ip6600D, mostly matte paper and semi-gloss (hey! I think they just look better!), but some photo paper pro and maybe even some plus glossy.

Re: printing pictures, need best quality.

thanks!

so is the only way of achieving that printing with borders?

Yes, you'll need borders. If you're printing "full bleed", which means all the way to the edge of the page, then the printer's software will cut a little bit of the edges off. This is true of Epson too. Print with a border, then use a good straight edge and an X-Acto razor knife to trim to size.

hmmm... okay. that sucks!

Thread Information