Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Please help me! > to what program should i download/save my digital pictures to?

i have an Olympus C-750 and i just bought a new Panasonic Z-7. should i continue to use my original Olympus program that came with that camera for the Panasonic pictures (if that’s possible?), or is there a another software program out there that is better and as easy to use? i’m basically a lazy and stupid person who wants the easiest method. should i be using Photoshop or something else? i just discovered that the Olympus program that i am using will not allow me to backup my pictures files because i switched computers and i would, once again, have to purchase the pro version file from Olympus for that computer to backup my files ($20). is it time to make a switch?
    thank you!

Re: Please help me! > to what program should i download/save my digital pictures to?

busdriver-
    You don't actually need any software to save your files to the computer. Your camera will come with the software you need to connect to the computer. Then you can just use either Windows or Mac software to save your files, depending on your computer system. I copy my files with Windows Explorer and use a card reader to connect to my computer. So I don't actually even need the software that comes with whatever camera I'm using. I do use Photoshop, but only to view and edit images.

If you want something better to transfer and manage your photos, try Picasa. It's free from Google and it's a very, very good image browser program. But you don't actually need anything. Your computer should have all the software you need. Anything else will just be an improvement on what your computer and the software that camera with your camera have to offer.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information