Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Paint Shop Pro X "brightening" copy/pasted images?

This is what prompted me to try to switch to Elements 3.0, but it had it's problems (another post I did).

I recently upgraded to Paint Shop Pro X from version 9. I have just noticed that images I view in the work area are BRIGHTER than they appear when viewing them in other programs or on the windows desktop.

Example: I copy a photo from a web page. Go to the PSPX work area and paste it - it is very visibly "lighter" in appearance than it appears on the web page. Even If I right click on the image and save it to the hard drive and reopen it in PSPX, it is visibly brighter and almost washed out looking a little bit, in the PSPX workspace. I can find no areas in the program for adjusting this or to even explain how/why it would do this.

I'm using a NEC LCD 19" monitor and the web pages and PSPX are both on the monitor - not using multi monitors, so there's no inconsistant adjustments. I have NEVER seen anything like this. Corel hasn't answered my requests yet. What could cause PSPX to make images appear lighter in it's work area than they are on any other screen/program on the computer?

Re: Paint Shop Pro X "brightening" copy/pasted images?

Check the color management options in paint shop pro.

Thread Information