Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Question Nikon Super Coolscan LS 4000 Problem

Hello

I bought a used LS4000 scanner which included SilverFast AI. I am trying to learn the Silverfast software but have noticed all my scans are consistently dark and the only way I can lighten them is to adjust the middle gamma in the histogram all the way to the left. Is this normal? If anyone has experience with using this scanner and software, I would appreciate your advice. Could something be wrong with the scanner? How can I know? I would really appreciate any advice I can receive. Thanks a lot.

Re: Nikon Super Coolscan LS 4000 Problem

Can you post a sample? Please resize it to no longer than 640 pixels so that it can be uploaded to this forum. It sure doesn't sound right to me. I used an LS2000 for years and never had any issues that sound like yours. I only used the Nikon software, though. Have you tried the Nikon software to see if it behaves any differently?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Smile Re: Nikon Super Coolscan LS 4000 Problem

Thanks for the reply. I telephoned Nikon digital tech support and the techie advised me to download the latest version of their software for the scanner and try that which I did. Seems to be working fine with that software. I tried it again with the LaserSoftware with same dismal results. I can't understand why their software doesn't seem to work right with it and plan on trying to contact a techie at LaserSoftware to try to figure it. At least now I know it isn't the problem of the scanner. Thanks for taking the time to answer my initial question. Take care.:aureola:

Thread Information