Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: New Monitor!

New Monitor!

My old computer monitor started to give me problems I couldn't ignore. It kept turning yellow. I can't edit photos that look like they're in a pool of urine. So it was time to get a new one.

Craig's List!

I found a Sony 500PS for $50. Looked it up on Google and found a very favorable review from a game site, written in 1999. It's a 21-inch CRT monitor with almost 20 inches of viewable screen area. The woman said it was almost $1000 new. I got it for $50 :thumbsup:

I picked it up and carried it the block to my car. Had to set it down twice - it weighs about 70 pounds. Got it home, plugged it in, calibrated it with my SpyderPro 2, and it is beautiful. I bumped my resolution up to 1280x960, too.

If you need a new monitor, consider buying a used CRT. It's a good time to do it. The deals are awesome!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: New Monitor!

Sweet deal! A friend of mine just nabbed a used Canon 30D (less than 1,000 shots) for a great price on Craig's list as well..
    Last edited by Canuck935; 11-13-2006 at 10:09 AM.

Thread Information