Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Neat Image

Neat Image

Has anyone every tried Neat Image? I am playing with it now. It's suppose to remove noise from your pictures. Is it worth my time in learning to use it?
    Greg
    http://www.neatimage.com/

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Neat Image

I haven't tried it. I have used noiseware though which has a free version. So far I'm happy with the results, but haven't really needed it much.

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Has anyone every tried Neat Image? I am playing with it now. It's suppose to remove noise from your pictures. Is it worth my time in learning to use it?
    Greg
    http://www.neatimage.com/
    It works very well, better than Noise Ninja that others have suggested. However, be aware that you don't get something for nothing! Getting rid of noise also lowers the resolution and sort of "smears" the image a bit. You have to be careful in how much you ask it to do. It is still better to shoot with a low noise camera when you can.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

I actually prefer Noise Ninja over Neat Image, on my images it left more of the fine detail intact.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    I actually prefer Noise Ninja over Neat Image, on my images it left more of the fine detail intact.
    Same here. I find Neat Image to almost be like an air brushing tool in the way that it works. I find I've gotten better resuls with Noise Ninja.

Post Re: Neat Image

I recently ran the main noise-reduction contenders on a blow-up of a grainy film scan and got these results. IMO, Noiseware and NoiseNinja did the best job.

Thread Information