Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

LCD Flat Panel Monitor/Display

Hello,
    I'm new to this Forum. I am looking to purchase a new LCD Flat Panel Monitor for my computer. I do LOTS of photo editing and my current Flat Screen CRT has really played havoc with my eyesight over the years.

Can anyone suggest a 19 or 20.1 inch, that is especially suited for high quality digital photo editing? I can't have any blurr or ghosting and preferrably with really good contrast and pixel pitch. And it probably can't be a Sony, because they are too pricey for my budget.

It has been suggested to me that the ViewSonic or the Dell might be good options and I just looked at a marvelous Westinghouse LCD Flat Panel last night that had great color tones compared to anything else the store had on display. The only trouble is, I can't find them being sold anywhere else, other than Best Buy and I would like to find it on-line.

The other problem is, there are so many different models within a product line, that I would just like to hear someone say, "....This model number is really the best!" I guess I'm asking for too much, but ANY help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    PhotoSponge
    Branson, Missouri
    PhotoSponge

Re: LCD Flat Panel Monitor/Display

This was posted in the webdesign forum not being a webdeisgn issue but a computer issue I would suggest that you visit http://www.computingreview.com/ and repost your question in there as it is really a computer related question. I am moving this to another forum as well which is more appropriate.

Re: LCD Flat Panel Monitor/Display

I am using the LaCie 321 flat panel, it's one of the few flat panels that can equal (or surpass) the quality of a good CRT.

Thread Information