Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

kill the Exif data

hi guy, I was wonder if and there is a way and how to kill the EXIF data when coping image to a CD or DVD. I'm using the element 4.0 and copying by roxio. could anyone please give me some intruction how to. prettie pleaseee...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: kill the Exif data

I belive if you use the "Save for Web" feature when saving an image it will get rid of all the EXIF data. Another way to get rid of the EXIF data is to open the image, copy it, and paste it into a new blank image. That sounds like a lot of work to me though. I would think that there would be an esier way but I don't know how. If nothing else, you could create an action to "Save for web" all of your images, then burn them to a disc.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Just to indicate the other side of it, if you are doing legal or journalistic photography, that Exif data is absolutely crucial in court.

Ronnoco

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    Just to indicate the other side of it, if you are doing legal or journalistic photography, that Exif data is absolutely crucial in court.

Ronnoco
    see, I been shooting wedding with this guy and my jobs is doing what you call journalist photography and I don't want to show the exil data on the CD that I'm going to give him. is there a way to do that beside coping and pasted each one cause most of the time I came back after the wedding with about six to eight hundred picture.
    like MJS said, save it for web then the image not going to printable.

This works well! Do all your files at once and fast.

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

One of the benefits of nuking the exif is it makes the file sizes smaller too.

Use GIMP it's free and gives the option if you want to save exif data with the photo.

Save it as a TIFF format and then convert it back to JPEG
    TIFF doesn't support exif info

Thread Information