Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Improving portraits with digital filters

Hi fellows, I need some help and suggestions on what can be done to improve portrait shots using PS or other softwares. There seems to be some rather standard things you can do to quite quickly improve your shots without much sweat. Please describe a list of things you usually do to improve portraits.

I also have the following questions:

1. Which is the best filter to use to get that "soft focus" effect without making the shot look out of focus? I've tried the "blur" and "gaussian blur" functions but they seem to make the shot look out of focus. Is there any tricks to do this better?

2. What filter to use to get that "air brushed skin" so commonly seen on glamour shots?

3. Is there some sort of collection of filter plug-ins that are specially designed for improving portraits? Can you give me the name(s) if there is such a thing?

Thanks!

Talking Re: Improving portraits with digital filters

It's for people such as yourself that I created this chart of digital enhancement options and their functions. Look under "Portrait enhancement".

Hope that helps!

Thread Information