Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Smile I have a question about RAW images

Hi I'm new to this forum, and relatively new to digital photography. I have recently taken some amazing shots of a sunrise and they are in RAW format. I was playing around with the camera (a Canon G3) and forgot to change it back.

I managed to download them to my computer but they downloaded as .thm files and now I cant convert them. They were downloaded via my printer dock for the compact flash card, not the Canon's direct cable link up to the camera/computer. I am hoping someone here may have a solution. My software for the Canon wont convert now that they have downloaded as .thm files.

Thanks Wendy
    Last edited by tink; 06-16-2004 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Are the images still on the card? You might try downloading them again with either the cable or a card reader. If you do a "drag & drop" you should be OK.

.thm files are just the thumbnails, there should also be a .crw file with each .thm, those are the files that you need to convert to an image. Try using the Canon softwear once you get those files, and the easiest way to access them is usually a USB cardreader of some sort so you can just drag and drop the files off of the card onto your desktop.
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

The images are no longer on the card...

I had already downloaded them with my HP PSC 2210 printer via the card reader. THey auto downloaded as .thm files. This is why I cant work out what to do next. I tried the RAW image converter that came with the Canon camera but it wont convert now. It will only allow me to view these files. I cant seem to find any other files with them in the actual RAW format.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Are the images still on the card? You might try downloading them again with either the cable or a card reader. If you do a "drag & drop" you should be OK.

you need to look on the card, probably with a card reader, I don't know how that printer works but it only downloaded half of the deal, and it's the unimportant half at that, look on the card somehow and find the .crw files, those are the ones you need.
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

Thread Information