Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

How to add frame number to each image

I just started my own web site and I want to put proofs on the site for my clients to see. I need a way to add the frame number under each photo so that they will be able to fill out an order form with the correct image number for that photo. They are not ordering online from the website. What do you use. I do not have Lightroom. I do use CS2.

Thanks,
    Tom

Re: How to add frame number to each image

You want the number in the image itself or in the HTML of your site??
    Please ask before editing my photos, I'll say yes

I like to take the pictures...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

How are you creating your gallery? I use the built in function of Photoshop to build my web galleries. This gives me the option of having the image name show up in the gallery or not. If you have a title for you photo in the metadata, you can also choose to show that in the gallery. Here is an example of a gallery I created for a client last week.

http://www.magiclightphotography.com/kelsie/
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

If you can get in and mess with your HTML (not sure how you are doing this), you can try putting both the image and the text in a single
    tag and then another
    for just the text that you can then do an align center on or use CSS to line it up.
    Please ask before editing my photos, I'll say yes

I like to take the pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I use the built in function of Photoshop to build my web galleries.
    Can you explain a little on this.....what photoshop feature did you use>

I like your site.

Thanks

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbfoto
    Can you explain a little on this.....what photoshop feature did you use>

I like your site.

Thanks
    Thanks.

I don't know what version of Photoshop this feature first appeared in, but I know it's in CS2 & 3.

What I do is put a copy of all the images I want to use to create a gallery into one folder. Then I go into Bridge and select all the photos. Once selected to go Tools > Photoshoo > Web Web Photo Gallery. This will take you back into Photoshop and a Web Photo Gallery dialog box will open. There are a bunch of different templates too choose from in the Styles drop down window. If you go under the Options drop down window and choose large thumbnails, you will see 5 check boxes. Select Filename and the file name will appear under the photo in the gallery.

One you have everything set up the way you want it, choose a destination folder and hit OK. Photoshop will copy all of your images, resize them and put them in a web gallery for you. All you have to do is upload it to your server. It makes copies of all your images so your original files you had selected are not touched.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Mike...thank you very much. This is excactly what I was looking for. I tried it and it works great. Photoshop is a great program...if you know how to use it all.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Thread Information