Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>
    Liz

Help - Video viewing problem (pc)

Almost everytime I try to watch a Utube or other video on my computer, it keeps pausing - it actually stops for about 5-10 seconds. It does it numerous times during the video which is more than annoying! It had this problem once before a few months ago, but it stopped. Now that it started again, it seems worse.

What needs to be fixed or adjusted or upgraded/updated?

ETA: I have a less than a year old HP with Vista 32...

Thanks for any help!
    Liz

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Help - Video viewing problem (pc)

What sort of internet connection are you using?

Edit: What browser are you using? Check to make sure you have all updates for your browser and extensions i.e. flash.

You don't have to do this, but personally I'd jump off the Vista ship as if it were on fire.. Vista is the new Me.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935
    What sort of internet connection are you using?

Edit: What browser are you using? Check to make sure you have all updates for your browser and extensions i.e. flash.

You don't have to do this, but personally I'd jump off the Vista ship as if it were on fire.. Vista is the new Me.
    I just updated to the latest Internet Explorer 8 earlier today - nothing changed. The videos are still pausing....

I've had Vista 32 for a little less than a year, and other than the learning curve I've had no problems.

Liz

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

It may just be a slowed internet connection. If you are on a shared network or using a cable modem you may experience slowdowns during periods of heavy use. Also if you are using wireless check to make sure you have a good wireless signal. You may have to just pause the video at the beginning and wait a minute or so for the video buffer to load up.

Thread Information