Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Firefox updated

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Firefox updated

New and improved (not that old and inferior was bad) version 2.0

Whips Microsoft's butt and makes IE7 look, well, clunky.
    Yes I did install IE7 and it killed my machine browsing PR.com with crashes and error repots due to Flash content. Firefox on the other hand works just fine.

I hope your IE7 experience is better than mine.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Firefox updated

Cool feature, right-click on a tab and you can UNDO a close tab operation !

Disappointment, they've put the close button back on the tab.
    I really liked the close button over on the right when I had 30 or 40 tabs open...

Happy happy joy joy
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=477283
    # How to I get tabs back to how Firefox 1.x was? Type about:config in the address bar, press enter, and set browser.tabs.closeButtons to 3 (puts the tab close button on the right instead of on the tabs), browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to 0 (lets tabs get really small before scrolling), and install this style http://userstyles.org/style/show/1193 (gets rid of the drop marker).
    PAul

drg

I installed it about two weeks ago (11/5/06) and it has passed all my testing quite well. No add ons or extras required. Security seems good and its appears to be fully compatible with all my other security features including the Norton Suite for the Internet. (Virus, Firewall etc.)

IE7 I've avoided but it appears there's some upgrades to Office coming soon that will require it to be installed. But I don't have Office on every machine either

Yes, it is quick!

Anybody used Thunderbird? Haven't needed it but curious.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Yes, I use Thunderbird too.
    Seems that spam/junk management is good.

I also just updated AVGfree antivirus and antispam.
    It cleaned email attachments containing two viruses.
    Of course I'm smart enough not to click on body.zip or document.zip if the email tried to persuade me by saying it contains characters that cannot be displayed - they must think I'm a Luser
    PAul

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

I installed version 2.0 a while back when it first came out. I like the close buttons on the tabs but then, I've also used Opera for years which has always done that. I still like Opera a bit better, especially the built-in Bit Torrent support.

I also updated IE 7 which I rarely use, mostly with Windows Update. I hate the new format of no menus that is spreading through all of Microsoft's latest releases. My version never crashed regardless of the sites I visited including all over PR: it was fast and efficient, a huge improvement. The interface looks sleek, not clunky, but it is annoying for us geezers used to the old ways! But there is not enough compelling changes to get me to switch away from Opera or Firefox.

I also use Thunderbird for email but I really wish there was a reliable Notes function built in like Outlook or available as a separate product. Every 3rd party product I tried was truly awful. I am stuck with an outdated discontinued free version of "Post-it Lite" from 3M. Sigh...
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Thread Information