Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Epson R2400

Epson R2400

Hey guys, i'm not sure if this is in the right area, but i'm thinking about getting a printer. Nothing extremely high end, just the epson r2400. We have a couple at school and I really like them so far. I'm looking to spend about 900 on one. I was wondering if anyone has any general idea how many prints you can get out of 1 set of ink cartriges. I know it will vary, but does anyone have a general idea. The ink is really expensive for these printers. Also if anyone can recommend any better printers i'd appreciate it.
    thanks
    andrew

Re: Epson R2400

Remember that the first carts use up more ink when they are inserted because they must go through the initial charging of the system. If you do buy one of these printers, you should consider buying your ink online from a place like www.Atlex.com (I don't have any affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer).

If you are going to print quite a bit, you migh want to consider the 3800. Larger ink carts and lower per milliliter cost for the inks make it a good buy.

Doug

Thread Information