Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Thread: Elements 5.0

Elements 5.0

I'm looking for some feedback on Elements 5.0. Is anyone using it and how do you like it? I need something new for editing photos. PhotoShop CS2 is out of my price range.

Re: Elements 5.0

Elements 5.0 is probably the best of the mid-price programs. Version 5.0 is pretty good (I used 3.0 and 4.0 and now have 5.0). It will do pretty much anything you need, and it does it well. The mono conversion in 5.0 is a new feature and is extremely good.

In the end it comes down to taste, and some folk prefer PSP - but I can't recomment Elements highly enough, especially at the price.

Cheers
    Mike

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JADPhoto
    I'm looking for some feedback on Elements 5.0. Is anyone using it and how do you like it? I need something new for editing photos. PhotoShop CS2 is out of my price range.
    I found that Elements 5 was too cluttered and annoying, I hated the interface. I would suggest PSP as an alternative. Both PSP and Elements 5 has a free trial download, get both and see for yourself which is the better choice for you.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

I've not seen PSP so I can't really give a comparison of the two products. I do use Elements 5 and have found it to be pretty nice. I've got approx 7500 images indexed by over 100 tags (categories). The one concern I have is 'what's the practical limit for the number of images Elements can store?'. I've tried to get that answer from Adobe and really haven't got a specific answer.
    Rob Mac
    My Galleries: www.grumpymagz.net

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I'm using elements 5.0 but can't really speak technically. I had the psp but didn't like it, but that's probably because I didn't spend the time to learn the interface and was already used to elements.
    I learn it by clicking stuff to see what it does. It does have a good help file.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information