Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>
    Liz

Help viewing images - PSElements

I'm trying to figure out why recent images I'm uploading into PSElements2 are coming up smaller than before. Previously they were 25% rgb - now they come up as 16.7%. Is there any way to change this? I can't find the information in PSE.

I'm trying to do post-processing/editing. These are the first images from my Canon Rebel XT. For some reason when I double click on the thumbprints they automatically come up 16.7%. Editing is difficult as I can't see them as well. Old age I guess.

Lately I've had some "glitches" with this software, so I'm wondering if this is just a fluke. I'm not worried because I'm getting PSElements3 - but would like to work with this now.

Maybe this will seem like a stupid question, but it did occur to me. Since these are my first images from the XT, I wondered if it had anything to do with the sensor being smaller.

At any rate - I really need to see the image better, and can't find out how to make it larger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liz

Re: Help viewing images - PSElements

Liz, isn't there a slider on the right hand side near the histogram that will make the image larger. I don't have Elements installed but it is based on Photoshop engine, so the layout should be similar. If not look for view and find % or if there is a magnifying glass select that and click the image. How are you viewing them by the way in elements are you viewing them in the folder view at all, if so look at options for logical change of view.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Help viewing images - PSElements

The problem in helping you is that your screen may not be set up anywhere near how mine is, and so I may not give you much that's useful.

Does your window look like my first screenshot below?

There are a few things you can do to make it the way I like it. Not necessarily how you will want to work, but it suits me (see what I meant about perhaps not helping).

Click on Window in the menu bar, then on Shortcuts.
    That will give you a bar of drop-down windows that you can use without cluttering up your screen too much, particularly if it's only 1024x768 on a small monitor.

To change the magnification of the image, you can use View, Zoom In from the menu bar. Or hold down ctrl and press + on the keyboard, either + key will work, the one on the numeric pad or the one on the top row.

The navigator is a useful tool, not only does it control the magnification with the slider at the bottom of the navogator (see the second screnshot) but it also allows you to move around the image by dragging the red rectangle.

I'm sorry it's like looking through a keyhole, the 640x640 restriction on images doesn't let me show you all the screen, but does this help?

Even without the shortcut bar, you can bring up the navigator from the Window menu option, sorry if you already noticed that and you're ahead of me, that's fine - it means you're probably off exploring the menus and I can stop now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help viewing images - PSElements-ape-1.jpg   Help viewing images - PSElements-ape-2.jpg  
    Last edited by SmartWombat; 03-29-2005 at 12:41 PM. Reason: can't type for toffee
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information